Vision: To achieve the quality of education and research in environmental pollution caused by industrial and oil activities.
Mission: The purpose of the industrial and oil pollution Engineering Branch is to graduate competent and skillful engineers to benefit the Iraqi society; advance research in petroleum and industrial environmental engineering.
The educational program of Industrial and Petroleum Pollution Engineering are to produce graduate who:-
1. Practice environmental engineering science in a manner that is ethically responsible and consistent with regulatory and social concerns.
2. Have a broad knowledge and critical thinking skills required to analyze industrial and petroleum pollution problems taking into account, safety, and societal impact.
3. Be exposed to current and emerging technologies and have the ability to pursue life-long learning through continuing education or post-graduate education.
- An ability to identify, formulate, and solve engineering in energy and renewable energies engineering problems by applying principles of engineering, science, and mathematics.
- An ability to apply the engineering design process to produce solutions that meet specified needs with consideration for public health and safety, and global, cultural, social, environmental, economic, and other factors as appropriate to the discipline
- An ability to develop and conduct appropriate experimentation, analyze and interpret data, and use engineering judgment to draw conclusions
- An ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences
- An ability to recognize ethical and professional responsibilities in engineering situations and make informed judgments, which must consider the impact of engineering solutions in global, economic, environmental, and societal contexts
- An ability to recognize the ongoing need to acquire new knowledge, to choose appropriate learning strategies, and to apply this knowledge
- An ability to function effectively as a member or leader of a team that establishes goals, plans tasks, meets deadlines, and creates a collaborative and inclusive environment